Signed up for match.com a few nights ago and got a couple of good friends to look over the profile I set up for myself and they both said it was very me – I was going for funny and quirky but not weird. That should work, right?
Anyhoo, I’m wandering through the gals that looked at my profile and thought I’d make a list of things that make me automatically remove your profile:
1. Womyn – some lesbians (and/or feminists?) use this spelling to avoid using the word “men”. Way too militant and serious for me.
2. Typos. I know I’m a spelling snob, but if you can’t take the time to spell check when you’re trying to make a good impression, I’m not interested.
3. Your when you mean you’re. Inappropriate use of it’s. There instead of their. See snob factor above.
4. You read ALOT? And you don’t know that’s two words? (I need to get over the spelling thing, don’t I?)
4. No picture. You’re scaring me. What are you hiding?
5. If you’re in a different state.
6. Your profile’s heading includes the words “hand sanitizer”. And not in a funny way.
7. You used your mug shot for your picture. Or a picture that looks like a mug shot.
Of course if I get lonely or depressed enough, I reserve the right to take all of that back. In that situation, please hit me with a big stick. Thank you for your support.